R2D2 HK Limited (“We”, “Us” or “Our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
As part of Our normal business operation We collect certain personal information from Our clients. This policy sets out the basis on which We process any such personal information that We collect or that you provide to Us. Please read this policy carefully to understand Our practices regarding your personal information.
- You may give Us information about you by filling in forms on Our sites or by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use Our sites, subscribe to Our services, place a transaction on Our sites or report a problem with Our sites. The information you give Us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit information.
- You may give Us information relating beneficiaries to enable us to deliver Our services. This may be through filling in forms on Our sites or by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. You must obtain appropriate consent before disclosing such information to Us. The information you give Us may include their name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit information.
With each visit to Our sites We may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our sites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call Our customer service number.
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer, that allows Us to distinguish you from other users of Our sites. These cookies help Us to provide you with a good experience when you browse Our sites. We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of Our sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of Our sites.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow Us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around Our sites when they are using them. This helps Us to improve the way Our sites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to Our sites. This enables Us to personalise Our content for you, by remembering your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of Our sites.
As necessary to perform our contractual obligations. – To ensure we process payments and fulfill our side of the contract we will process transaction information, verification information and phone recordings.
As necessary to comply with our legal obligations. – As a financial services company we must collect and process certain information to comply with applicable laws and regulations. These include for:
- Completing due diligence to prevent money laundering and financial crime
- Financial and tax reporting and bookkeeping
- Establishment and defence of legal rights
- For activities relating to the prevention, detection, and investigation of crime
Information on connected parties and beneficiaries is used for the purpose it is collected to comply with regulations and to make payments on the Client’s behalf. We will not use this information to market to the non-registered individual unless they have specifically consented to receive these communications.
- Where required to protect your vital interests or that of another natural person
- Where performing tasks carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority invested in Us
- To administer Our sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve Our sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of Our services, when you choose to do so;
- As part of Our efforts to keep Our sites safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
We may combine this information with information you give to Us and information We collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
We will never sell your personal data without your consent. We may share your information with selected third parties. Where this is necessary, We are required to comply with all aspects of the Regulation. We may share some of your personal information with analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of Our sites.
All your personal information will be afforded a high level of protection wherever it is processed and no matter whether it is held by Us, or Our contractors or agents.
All information you provide to Us is stored under Our control. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Should you have particular concerns about a method of data transmission, We will take reasonable steps to provide an alternative method.
We will only retain your information for as long as is necessary for providing our service to you and will not hold or process your information for any longer than we are legally required to. The criteria used to determine the appropriate retention includes:
- Regulatory requirements R2D2 HK Ltd is subject to
- Whether a legal claim could be brought against R2D2 HK Ltd
- Necessity of information to provide our service to our customers
- The legal basis for processing – e.g. consent
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any changes that will affect you, we will be sure to let you know. This will always be published publicly on our website here.